This page describes how we, Minato Mirai Patent Firm, treat personal information on this website.
We consider the protection of clients’ personal information as an important duty.
As such, when handling personal information provided for use of this website, we observe laws and social orders pertaining to the protection of personal information and make utmost efforts to protect and manage this personal information so that clients can use this website at ease.
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to the personal names, addresses, ages, and other pieces of information that make it possible to identify specific individuals as well as those that can be checked against other information easily and that can thereby make it possible to identify specific individuals.
Purposes of Use Regarding Personal Information
We use the personal information provided by clients for the following purposes:
– To answer inquiries from clients
– When the fulfillment of a contract or transaction with a client requires information provided by that client
– To use clients’ personal information for uses that fall within the scope required for conducting business
– For research and analysis to improve our services
Provision to Third Parties
We never disclose or provide personal information to third parties without consent from clients, except for the following cases:
– If such provision is mandated by laws and regulations and it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or person entrusted thereby in performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations
– If it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the client
Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
If a client wishes for the disclosure, change, confirmation, correction, and/or deletion of the personal information that they have provided to us, we will verify that that request is indeed made by the client and then handle the request appropriately.
Applicability of this Policy
This policy applies only to this website.
We assume no liability for privacy protection on other websites linked from this website.
Privacy Protection Efforts
We make utmost efforts to prevent unauthorized access from external parties, to prevent the leakage of personal information, and to prevent other risks, thereby seeking to carry out management and operations in a secure manner.